Supply Dynamics is a professional services company that provides supply chain solutions that enable Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and their sub-tier suppliers to achieve step-change performance in several Critical to Quality areas. Supply Dynamics provides visibility and control over the materials that go into the finished parts manufactured by, or supplied to, an OEM in addition to process excellence associated with the global sourcing of parts and sub-assemblies
Supply Dynamics provides results through the application of innovative processes, proprietary IT solutions, and sourcing methodologies that can only be found at Supply Dynamics.
Supply Dynamics Core Supply Chain Offerings Include:
Material Demand Aggregation is a process by which every material input element that contributes to the cost of your finished parts is identified, analyzed, tracked and leveraged, especially the Bills of Material that go into the finished-parts made by your sub-tier suppliers.
Material Demand Aggregation drives efficiency and cost reduction by synchronizing information flows, utilizing state-of–the-art hosted IT solutions, and proprietary business processes developed by Supply Dynamics. Provided in a hosted “software as a service” model, the Supply Dynamics multi-enterprise platform,OASIS, exchanges critical to quality data with virtually any number of legacy MRP/ERP systems, providing customers with a single, unified view of how finished part materials are impacting their business.
OASIS, the Online Aggregation Strategic Information System, is a sophisticated, web-enabled, hosted IT application developed by Supply Dynamics. Unlike so many off-the-shelf MRP systems that are engineered to manage finished parts, OASIS was specifically engineered to manage the material-inputs that go into finished parts. Fully accessible by OEM’s, OEM sub-tier suppliers and material sources, OASIS forecasts aggregate material requirements based on OEM finished part demand. It also allows users to track and monitor the timely purchase and supply of materials ensuring that material is never the reason why a finished part is late. There is no other IT solution like it.
OASIS combines sophistication, simplicity, and ease of use in an application that can accommodate a variety of unique material input items and completely integrates with disparate (legacy) MRP/ERP feeds from virtually any source (Oracle, SAP, WebPlan, EDI, CSV formats, etc). In the typical Material Demand Aggregation Program, Supply Dynamics will:
- Provide you with the tools and processes necessary to leverage and negotiate competitive aggregate pricing and service levels for materials that are common across your supply chain.
- Provide a real-time means to monitor and expedite the purchase and timely delivery of material inputs that go into your finished parts.
- Enable your finished-part suppliers to secure competitively priced materials and preferential service levels.
- Reduce the level of speculative inventory and buffer stocks throughout your supply chain.
- Introduce sophisticated tools and proven processes for developing alternative and competitive material sources with emphasis on eliminating sole-source items.
- Synchronize finished-part demand with material supply to improve on-time deliveries.
- Standardize material input specifications and minimize the number of unusual inventory items.
- Reduce scrap and maximize material utilization by “nesting” materials across the supply chain.
- Move excess and obsolete inventories quickly and easily to where they can be used.
Because many OEMs have outsourced the manufacture of a significant portion of the parts that go into their products, many of them no longer know exactly what materials go into them. The only documentation that some OEMs have are those contained in CAD or other design engineering systems, and these are often woefully incomplete. Ultimately, a part or assembly's blueprint is the surest, most reliable reference source when it comes to determining part characteristics and material-input requirements.
Part Attribute Characterization is a software-driven service offered by Supply Dynamics where customers provide us with their digital blueprints or other engineering data and we deploy an army of experienced engineers who then document significant attributes associated with those parts. Supply Dynamics then delivers a comprehensive tabulation of attributes by part number that can be leveraged to identify part commonalities for engineering, strategic sourcing, procurement, manufacturing, quality and materials management.
If you are looking to transition parts, develop an RFQ or smartly match part attributes to supplier capabilities, Part Attribute Characterization Services will enable you to:
- Classify parts by attribute such as primary or secondary manufacturing process, special processes, material type, part finish, part size, material type and more.
- Match part manufacturing attributes to specific part manufacturer capabilities.
- Understand part raw material requirements, identify opportunities to standardize use of raw materials, and even determine if there is an opportunity to aggregate common raw materials across your supply base.